*** MEET THE ALICE IN DAIRYLAND FINALISTS ***
National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board Appointments Made
National & World Ag News Headlines
USAgNet - 12/06/2017
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue announced the appointment of six members to serve on the National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board. The terms for these appointees are effective immediately and expire on June 30, 2020.
Newly appointed members are:
- Randell W. Eronimous, Seattle, Wash. (Region 13)
- Erin S. Sharp, Cincinnati, Ohio (At-large, processor)
Reappointed members are:
- Lynne M. Bohan, Lynnfield, Mass. (Region 2)
- Jeffrey D. Stephens, Lakeland, Fla. (Region 5)
- Edward L. Mullins, Carlinville, Ill. (Region 11)
- Evan L. Rainwater, Boise, Idaho (Region 14)
"These appointees represent a cross section of the fluid milk processing industry and I know the dairy industry will be well served by them," said Perdue.
The National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board is composed of 15 fluid milk processors from 15 geographic regions and five at-large members. At least three at-large members must be fluid milk processors and at least one must be from the
general public. The board was established by the Fluid Milk Promotion Act of 1990 to develop and administer a coordinated program of advertising and promotion to increase the demand for fluid milk products.
The National Fluid Milk Program is financed by a mandatory 20-cent per hundredweight assessment on all fluid milk processed and marketed commercially in consumer-type packages in the contiguous 48 states and the District of Columbia.
Processors who commercially process and market three million pounds or less per month, excluding those fluid milk products delivered to the residence of a consumer, are exempt from assessments.
Others serving on the board include:
- Region 1 (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont) -- James F.Walsh, H.P. Hood L.L.C., Lynnfield, Mass.
- Region 3 (Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and District of Columbia) -- Brian Linney, Maryland & Virginia Milk Producer's Cooperative Association, Inc., Reston,Va.
- Region 4 (Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina) -- Stephen C. Jones, Fairlife L.L.C., Chicago, Ill.
- Region 6 (Ohio and West Virginia) -- BradleyS. Anderson. Dean Foods Company, Dallas,Texas
- Region 7 (Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin) -- Alan J. Bernon, Dairy Farmers of America, Kansas City, Mo.
- Region 8 (Illinois and Indiana) -- Greg Schwarz, Dean Foods Company, Dallas, Texas
- Region 9 (Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee) -- GaryL. Aggus, Hiland Dairy, Springfield, Mo.
- Region 10 (Texas) -- Jeffrey Springer, Dean Foods Company, Dallas, Texas
- Region 12 (Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah) -- Sandra K. Kelly, Shamrock Foods, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Region 13 (Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming) -- Shawn M. Campbell, Darigold, Inc., Seattle, Wash.
- Region 15 (Southern California) -- John Cox, The Kroger Company, Conestoga, Pa.
- Members-At-Large (Processor) -- Scott W. Shehadey, Producers Dairy Foods, Inc., Fresno, Calif.; Paul Corney, Saputo Dairy Foods, Dallas, Texas; Lewis Goldstein, Organic Valley, Inc., Viroqua, Wis.; and Brian T. DeFelice, Dairy
Enterprises, Inc., Orrville, Ohio
- Members-At-Large (Public) -- Subriana Pierce, Corona, Calif.
Send this article to a friend