MPB Builders



Wisconsin Ag News Headlines
Four Die of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Madison Horse Show
Wisconsin Ag Connection - 10/15/2007

A Tomah couple and their two grandchildren were found dead Friday morning in their trailer while camping out for the World Clydesdale Show in Madison. Sheriffs officials say De Vere Clay, his wife Barbara and their grandchildren died of carbon monoxide poisoning while sleeping in their horse trailer outside the Alliant Energy Center.

Authorities said the initial investigation indicated the carbon monoxide came from an old propane heater used to heat the trailer.

Barcklay Poole, marketing director for the Clydesdale Breeders of the USA, said the family was a well-known breeder and exhibitor within the Clydesdale community. However, despite the unexpected start to the weekend of horse showing, Poole said the event went considerably well.

A group of exhibitors and others who participated at the show held a collection for the families of the victims, where they raised over $10,000. The show also observed a moment of silence for the family before the afternoon program of each day's events.


Other Wisconsin Headlines
L&L Sales and Service
Freudenthal Manufacturing
Copyright © 2022 - Farms.com. All Rights Reserved.